Friday, April 4, 2014

The Throwback Tag

This week's post is going to be a little bit different from my previous ones, in the way that it is going to be a tag such as one that you might find on a YouTube channel more. I am doing my first tag through my blog, because I have yet to get the equipment that I need to begin recording content (I'm hoping to have my first video up around August or September of 2014) I hope you guys enjoy learning a little bit about the dude behind this amazing blog!

I took a lot of the questions from the Throwback Tag videos found on YouTube, and kind of put my own twist on them so that I could fully answer them through a blog post format. I won't be able to include any MP4's however I will include lots of pictures of little me. so here we go!!!


When were you born? 

I was born on the 24th of July 1997 in Richardson, Texas, pretty close to lunch time, which I think is why I love food so much. 

Do you have any pictures of you from when you were little?

This is a picture of me & my mother on my first birthday (24th of July 1998). For my birthday, my parents though it would be fun to get me a BLUE cake and just let me rip through it...When it was all over and the dust had cleared, my parents were left with a Smurf child for at least a week.


What T.V. shows did you grow up watching? 
there is an 8 year difference between me and my oldest brother, so when I was growing up, I usually had to watch whatever he wanted. We watched shows such as The Amanda Show, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Catdog, Dexter's Laboratory, Spongebob, and Hey Arnold, which were all the staple T.V. shows of the lat 90's and early 2000's. 

What did you want to be when you were growing up? Do you still want to be that?

when I was little, I wanted to be a Real Estate broker, because at the time both of my parents were, and I thought "Selling Castles was the coolest thing ever!" I still have an interest in Real Estate, but it isn't my first choice as far as my future line of work. 

What Were your favourite toys to play with?

when  i was around 5, I had this little toy Lawn Mower that would blow bubbles when you pushed it, and it was my ABSOLUTE favourite toy of all time. Getting to play with it was a special occasion, since my dad would only cut the grass like once every 2 weeks. 

What is the most embarrassing thing you can remember doing?

My parents were busy trying to get new listings, and closing deals, so I was in daycare a lot of the time during the week. While I was there, I preferred to play with my Imaginary Friend Mamma Yoyce who I had "Known" since I was about 3. I liked to play with her because "She was nicer than the Kids". I would often be off by myself in the corner of the play yard, because as far as I was concerned, I has all the friends I needed. I'm pretty sure my parents and the staff thought I was completely insane, but they never said anything about it. I played with Mamma Yoyce up until I moved away when I was 6 or 7. 

What are three songs you listened to when you were little? 

My mom used to wake me up singing old rock band songs like Nirvana, AC/DC, and a few other bands. I don't remember any songs exactly, but I can still remember her vividly to this very day. I know it is defiantly something that I will do with my kids. Thanks for that, Mom!

What was one funny/cool thing you dressed up as for Halloween?

When I was either 6 or 7, I  dressed up as Peter Pan, which at the time was my ABSOLUTE favourite Disney film. I wish I still had pictures, but I lost them. I remember being so excited  to get to dress up like Peter Pan, because I though if I did, I would never grow up.

Tell a story of one of the best times of your younger life.

When I was 7 years old, my dad had told me that he was going to take a trip to this distant land called Barcelona to go see my baby cousin for the first time. I had never been on a plane before, and  I had no idea what to expect, and I defiantly wasn't expecting the flight to last 16 hours. We took off from San Antonio, stopped in New York City, then flew over to France, gassed up, then took our last leg of the flight. After what seemed like an Eternity, we had finally arrived in Spain. Having lived in South Texas for about 2 years, I wasn't prepared for just how cold it was going to be, when we got there it was snowing, which wasn;t something I had seen before. We were there around Christmas time, which was so beautiful, because every street was decorated to the fullest extent possible unlike here in Texas...I remember going shopping, and sight seeing, and just being blown away by the beauty both culturally and landscape wise. While there, I got to try some new foods, go to a TON of castles, and watch Finding Nemo on it premier night..the only downside was that it was in Spanish...overall, it was an amazing experience, and I would love to go back. 

Are there any special Items you kept from when you were a baby?

When I was a baby, I had a massive Clay Rosary hanging in my Nursery, which is pretty similar to this one. For the longest time, I had forgotten about it, because it was packed away in one of our many storage lockers. A few summers ago while moving, my mom had found it, and decided to give it back to me. It is hanging on the wall in my bedroom surrounded by my dream catcher collection to this very day! When I have kids, I plan on using it in their Nursery just like it was in mine. I am hoping that this will become a family heirloom. 


What was something weird you used to do as a child?

when my parents were in Real Estate, I used to walk around their office building acting as if I was everybody's manger. I would walk around making sure everyone was doing what they need to, and I would go tell my parents of people were messing around...and this was completely voluntary, because my parents weren't the people to send a child to spy on employees. 

Whats the scariest thing you can remember happening?

When I was 11 years old, I was riding my bike around this apartment complex we used to live in, and nearly cheated death. What happened was I took a turn around the corner while somebody was driving into the gate, and they didn't see me coming. I though they were going to hit me, so I swerved to the side hit the curb went flying and skinned about a foot and a half of my shin down to the muscle. At the time, I didn't have a phone, and I was about a quarter of a mile from my apartment, and that person went speeding off leaving me to get home by myself, so I had to kind of limp/crawl back. When I got there, my step mom helped me up the stairs and  cleaned me up, I don't know how she managed to do it, because there was blood everywhere on the floor, she was amazingly helpful. To this day, I still have a scar and it looks like somebody got murdered on that part of the road. That was by far one of the scariest things I have ever experienced. 

How is the world different now from when you were growing up?

Life is different , because I have so much more responsibility and pressure placed on me now than I ever have before. I have 3,500+ followers and readers that I have to tend to on top of finishing up high school. I have a lot of meetings and deals that I am working out, that I will hopefully be able to fully talk about soon, and I have a lot more to do in one day. I'm not at all complaining about any of this stuff, because I know how blessed I am to be in this position. Life is so much different now, because I know what's out there in the world, and I know what I want to do whereas when I was a kid, I was sheltered and blinded from the rest of the outside world. I hop to someday travel to the world, meet new people, and ,make a name for my self. 


Thank You so much for reading, I will be back next Friday with a whole new topic! Until then, keep up with me though all of my social media, you never know what little tips or trend I may be talking about throughout the week! 

Instagram: @ThatSoErick 

Twitter: @ThatSoErick

Tumblr: @ThatSoErick 


HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK, AND BE BLESSED!











No comments:

Post a Comment