Saturday, May 17, 2014

HONEY, I'M HOME!!!!

Well, I'm back! It feels so good to be writing to you guys again! I felt the need to take a break, as I was going through a lot of moving around, and change, I recently moved schools & had to get into the swing of a new work week routine, and had to spend a lot of time getting my flat prepared for my summer YouTube ventures. I felt that I wouldn't be doing anybody any justice by putting out bad posts every week. From now on through the rest of the summer, I plan on being here every Friday telling you guys what's happening in my life. Yes, this includes posts such as, Monthly Favourites, Let's Talk Life Plans, Recipes, DIY's , Fashion, and MUCH more!

This weeks post is going to pointed more toward a seminar I attended this week that really hit close to home with me. If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, you may have heard of the death of a teenage boy by the name of Elliot Ruyan...Elliot passed away Sunday night (mother's day) at the age of 13 years old from an overdose on prescription Xanax Bars....that's right...BARS!! It's ridiculous that developing teens feel the need to do hard drugs to "be cool", or "fit in with the crowd"! If that's what being cool is, I'm glad I don't have any friends. Now, I never got to meet Elliot, but I did get to meet a lot of his family, as his brother is in my grade, his other brother is one of my teachers, and his mother used to be my counselor. On Thursday, my school's administration brought in an amazing lady by the name of Kathy O'Keefe (who is the founder of the Winning The Fight (WTF) organization) to talk to the student body about Narcotic & Alcohol Abuse Awareness, and the devastation that it can cause in your life. Through the hour that she was with us, she told us the tragic story of her son Kyle's battle and loss with Opioids (Meth)...she showed us that hard drugs don't play games. She showed us that drugs are real and that they are no stranger to death...she also gave us some very helpful information about ways to get clean, and how to Win The Fight...that's what I want to share with all of you, because I do not want to lose anybody around me to narcotics abuse...If you or somebody you know is struggling with an addiction to any kind of drug or alcohol, I want you to call my friend Kathy (Infor Below), and get help! It's never too late to save a life!

Now, that I got that out, I want to share some of my upcoming plans with you guys! From the 23rd of July to the 30th of July, I will be on the Island of Port Aransas, Texas on a family holiday, if you're going to be there as well, let me know! I plan to do as much vlogging as I possibly can so that you guys can see the true beauty of the Texas coast. This summer, I am also planning to kick off my YouTube Channel with some pretty cheeky starter content! I'm, also possibly going to be road tripping to Arkansas a few times this summer, but I am not sure yet, so I will keep y'all updated!

Thank You so much for reading, I will be back next Friday with a whole new topic! Until then, keep up with me though all of my social media pages, Don't Play With Drugs, Make Somebody's Week & Most Important, Don't Forget To Smile!

 Instagram: @ThatSoErick

Twitter: @ThatS0Erick

Tumblr: @ThatSoErick 


If you need to, get in contact with my friend Kathy O'Keefe
P.O. BOX 271661 Flower Mound, Texas 75027-1661 
(972) 467 7704 


HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK, AND BE BLESSED!



No comments:

Post a Comment